Thursday, August 9, 2012

Organizing My Internet Life


I don't know about you, but lately I realized that I'm all over the place when it comes to online sites. Over the years I have forgotten site names, passwords, and usernames because of not going onto them for so long.

I have four (or maybe it's five) email accounts, twitter, facebook, blogspot, fanfiction (we'll get to that another time for those who don't know what it is), and many other sites that I have forgotten due to not being on them. But I'm sure you get the idea. The fact is I have probably signed up for so many sites and never thought of how that can affect me. I'm going to graduate college in two years and, by the time I interview for my first job, I'm pretty sure they're going to do background checks. Yes, sir, I think that's mine. When did I get it, you say? Who knows...I'm pretty sure the end of that conversation wouldn't look too good on me.

Even though there may not be anything bad on them (since I most likely signed up once and never came back), the image that I'm portraying is someone disorganized and not caring about what I'm signing myself up for. If I want to end up at my dream company, I need to be careful what I put out there now.

So I have to make a list of all sites that I have made accounts on and to close the ones I'm not using. If I'm not using them, then what's the point in keeping them, right? Being organized online is a great way for me to start taking charge of my life. You can thank my obsession on blogs about organization for coming up with this new goal. Not to mention this is the perfect time to start cleaning out the old. In 2 weeks I will be heading to my third year in college and I would really like to get handle of my life by then...okay sort of.

But like I said, it's a start, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment