Saturday, August 11, 2012

Patience is a Virtue

I don't know if many of you know, but I work at a women's fashion store as part of my summer job. That means that for the past 3 months, I have had to deal with not only the women that shop at our store, but their kids and boyfriends/husbands/brothers who do not know their way from a lacy top that needs an undershirt to a short skirt that may or may not cover them the right way.

I'm not going to lie, I love this job. It keeps me busy and I love the people who work there. The customers, on the other hand, are a different story. You can say it's a love/hate relationship between me and them. I love them because my day wouldn't be half as entertaining without them (plus I kind of need them for my manager to keep having me to come back) and I hate them because I don't know what it is with people, but the thought of even maybe putting things back wherever they got them from probably has never reached their brains. I'm not saying that I haven't done it before, but I am definitely aware of it now after having this job.

Yesterday was a very stressful day. I was assigned to take care of the shoes section and I can honestly say I have no idea how I survived. My patience was tested that's for sure. There was just shoes everywhere and having to clean up with strollers and people in the way definitely was a challenge for me. I had to wait almost to closing time for me to finally be able to move around freely and look for where the many single shoes belonged. Apparently, taking out one shoe from its box and leaving it almost on the other side of the store was the idea for the day.

Image retrieved from  http://www.retailconcepts.com/bout-us/shop-talk-newsletter/jan-12 


All I wanted to do was to go home and sleep, but alas that was not the case. We didn't leave until 11:30pm and, mind you, we close at 9:30. Usually we're out of there by 10:30 the latest, but life wanted to have fun and keep us there for an extra hour.

Taking deep breaths and just talking to my co-workers was what kept me sane. Maybe I should take up yoga, if I'm going to come back as a seasonal employee and do this for Winter Break.

Yep, I'm definitely going to do that; especially when Christmas and New Years comes...Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment