Sunday, October 28, 2012

Hurricane Sandy

A problem about going to school in the East Coast are the random hurricanes that we get over here. Last year, we had Hurricane Irene the week before school opened and my school had to push our whole academic calendar a week.

I was a student advisor, so I was fortunate to already be on campus before the hurricane hit. If I flew out to campus all the way from Chicago, I would have been sleeping in the airport. That would have been a trip to remember, huh?

The freshmen, however, were not so lucky. If they were not an international student or lived very far away (as in more than 2 hours) they were sent back home.

This year, I now have to deal with Hurricane Sandy. Hopefully, it's not as serious, but my school has canceled classes for the next two days.



I don't know about you, but I am definitely going to try to do some work before Wednesday class (note keyword: try).

What about you? What are you going to do during lockdown from the hurricane?

No comments:

Post a Comment