Wednesday, November 7, 2012

President Obama re-elected for another term



Last night, my campus hosted an election party to watch the count of the votes. I was unable to go it due to work, but my friends posted tons of pictures and videos of everyone at the party.

Needless to say, once the final count was done, s$#t got real (excuse my language). It was such an intense and anxious moment before the announcement. I know for a fact, people around campus were talking left and right about who would win and what that would mean for the next four years of our country.

If Romney won, would he try to help the lower class? Would he focus on the more privilège? Would he actually help our country?

If Obama won, would he do things differently? Is he actually going to solve the employment problem? The war in Iraq? The immigration problems and discriminations?

Whichever side someone was on, tension was high all over campus. Anxiousness and nervousness were at an all time high; especially when the news about Obama losing 600 votes because people were posting pictures of their ballots online. I suggest for new time voters to read the laws of their states. Certain states don't mind, but the ones like Illinois make it illegal to do those types of things. I would suggest that for the next term, to not share anything at all online just to be safe. What good is it trying to make a difference if your right to vote goes to waste because of a foolish mistake?

Either way, it was definitely exciting for me. I have never voted before and I am so glad that I decided to become a part of the political world to make a difference.

It's definitely been an interesting and grateful day.

P.S. It's freezing over here in the east coast. Can someone tell me why the wind has the need to slap you in the face as you're trying to get to classes?

That is all...

No comments:

Post a Comment